Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 29


Third Trimester here I am!!!!! I just got back from spending a wonderful week in Maine that was full of family, friends, and special events. I had a baby shower put on by my best friend Jess and got lots of cute and necessary items. Some other events included a wedding, a christening, and a birthday get together. Whew! The holidays were a whirlwind.  The next time I will be in Maine everyone will get to meet the new addition, so I can’t wait.

As for Baby Boy Huth, he now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a little over 15 inches long from head to heel. He is getting pretty close to his birth length, but still needs to fatten up. Over the next 11 weeks, baby Huth will more than double, even triple his weight! His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in his hardening skeleton each day so I need to make sure I am taking my vitamins! His hearing is so well developed by now that he will startle at loud noises. Does that mean I shouldn’t use an alarm clock?? That would be a great excuse to skip work.  Soon he'll start turning his head to listen to sounds outside my body. His fingernails and toenails are growing and he is beginning to regulate his own temperature.

This is the time in the pregnancy where I keep reading (and everyone tells me) that I will be experiencing rapid weight gain. I can definitely tell that my stomach is getting heavier to lug around. Also, I have started to get the dreaded heartburn! I remember asking Justin a couple of weeks ago what heartburn felt like because I had never had it. Well, I know now…pass the Tums please. Vacation is over and now it is back to reality. Busy couple of weeks ahead - doctor’s appointments and baby classes. I will keep you posted!


I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment