Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Week 25






Head to heels, Baby Huth now measures about 13 1/2 inches and weighs about a pound and a half (like an average rutabaga..whatever that is). I still can’t imagine how much he is going to grow in the next 14-15 weeks. This is a big week for Baby though. The structures of his spine are starting to form, including 33 vertebrae, 150 joints, and 1,000 ligaments! Talk about a growing machine. These structures will eventually support his body weight. This week he will begin to replace his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn, and less like a raisin! Haha. He's also growing more hair, and if we could see it, we would now be able to determine its color and texture (exciting!). The skin is now becoming opaque instead of transparent and by the end of the week air sacs and blood vessels in Baby Huth’s lungs will develop, getting him ready for his first breath…and CRY.  The heartbeat can be heard through a stethoscope and depending on the position his is in, others should be able to hear it by putting an ear against my belly. Justin still needs to try this so I will let you know how it goes!


As for me, my uterus is about the size of a volleyball this week. I have been feeling really good except for sleeping. I cannot seem to get comfortable and I feel restless. Everyone I talk to tells me that it will only get worse from here on out. Also, I am definitely not as graceful as I usually am. Getting in and out of cars and putting on socks and shoes is getting increasingly difficult. A new craving I am having is chocolate! Yum yum. The first 23 or so weeks I didn't want chocolate at all, but now that has seemed to flip flop. No weird cravings though. Let's hope it stays that way.
We finally got our tree yesterday, but with Justin’s work schedule we will have to wait until tomorrow night to decorate it. On the work front, the countdown has begun until Christmas Break…9 ½ school days left. Woo Hoo

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could tell you the sleep thing will get better, but it doesn't. Sorry! If you are as blessed as I am, baby Huth will be an early bird like Bauer and be up on the weekends at 6:30.

    ReplyDelete