Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 34




Only 42 days left! Baby Huth should now weigh around 5 pounds (like an average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. He is adding on more fat which will help regulate his body temperature once he’s born. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. By now he is closing his eyes when he's asleep and keeping them open when he's awake. He has also learned to blink. At this point Baby Huth’s brain is so well developed that he has the ability to see, hear, learn, and remember. The soft fur, lanugo, that covered his body for much of his stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. He is now beginning to develop his own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta.

It is probably a mixture between being really busy at work and having a big belly that is making me extremely tired. Justin gets home from work around 9:30pm and last week I don’t even think I stayed up once to see him. I have been exhausted! I am not too tired during the day, but around 5pm it hits me. I am sure it will only get worse the next 6 weeks. We have a couple of doctor’s appointments this week, plus other meetings and obviously work, so it’s another busy week ahead of us.  During one of the doctor’s appointments I will get another ultrasound and Justin will be there for this one. He hasn’t seen an ultrasound since around week 18, so that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment