28 days left! Baby Huth is still packing on the pounds at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs a little more than 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 19 inches long. He’s shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that has covered and protected his skin. Baby Huth swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form the contents of his first bowel movement (Justin will get that one!). Baby Huth also has definite patterns of sleep and wakefulness—opening his eyes while awake and closing them while sleeping. He will become alert and turn his head toward light and sound just as a newborn would. At the end of this week, he will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks).
As for me, hello swelling! The past 3-4 days or so I have noticed swelling in my ankles and lower legs towards the end of the day. I have also noticed that during the second part of the workday I have been moving slower and I waddle a little more. My belly feels as though it cannot stretch anymore, even though I know I still have 4 more weeks to go! This weekend was a busy one. Saturday was my baby shower, which was great and today we did some last minute shopping. Pictures of the baby shower will be coming soon J


No comments:
Post a Comment